Monday, October 12, 2015

Mission Conference

Uhmmmm Hello Everyone!

"WASABI?!?!" hehe

Boo boo how was your SEVENTEENTH BIRTHDAY?! Wow. Mom and Dad how are you feeling about that? ;)
Angela, Ron D and Mase! How was Hawaii?! Sounds like bubby had a good time at Jamps and Grammy's house. 
Carly, if you don't email me I'm gonna hurt ya!
Also, did MG go to state for tennis or what?! I want updates on how her season finished!!!

Utica's Uniques:
---> They have red flashing lights here. but not the normal kind. There's a white light that flashes with it. 
---> We found out WHY there are sooo many pizzerias here. It's because they were all a part of the Mafia/Mob! They would use them for money laundering! I about died when a member told us that. haha. crazy.
---> They call their towns "villages" how cute. :)
---> We drive a 2015 Chevy Cruz. It's nice!


Well, honestly I can not believe that it is already Monday again! This past week flew by. I was sick this past week, which wasn't too fun. :/ I caught the nasty cold plague that has been going around the mission. I swear everyone and their dog has been sick. Ew. There is nothing worse then being sick and trying to work. I had to take a day off. So all Tuesday I slept and that seemed to help a little. It wasn't enough though. ha ha I feel like I need a whole weeks worth of sleep! Wishful thinking. I am on the downhill slope of it, I think. So hopefully by next week I will be back up to speed!

Despite the sickness, we had a pretty good week. :)

THE WORK:

Alieanna is doing great! We try to see her 2-3 times a week. She came to church this week! YES! We are working on getting her to church on a more regular basis. The only thing getting in the way of that is her job, and her little sister Olivia. Olivia is a stinker! I'll send a pic and you will be able to tell. ha ha she lovesssss Alieanna. She calls her "MAMI" Everyone in the ward was so confused. We were just like nooo noo, it's her little sister, that's just the nickname for her! hahah Alieanna is still on date for the 14th of November. She told us this past week that she was feeling like she wasn't sure about being baptized anymore. We reminded her that the adversary is going to be working extra hard on her now that she has gotten a confirmation and has made the decision to be baptized. We encouraged her to reflect back on when she receieved her witness from the Holy Ghost through prayer that she was supposed to get baptized when she starts to doubt. Keep her in your prayers! We aren't too worried about her though. It's normal for opposition to come before great things are to pass. 

Nathan is just Nathan. We are trying to enstill in him a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. We took a member with us to our lesson this week. Her name is Augusta and she actually served a mission. She was on fire! It was awesome. :) We shared the Resto video with him and testified of the need for a Restoration and Joseph Smith. We committed him to come to church. No luck. Slowly but surely... 

Randi Jackson is THE hardest person to get a hold of. Still trying to get a lesson with her and her family!

MISSION CONFERENCE:

We had a member of the Seventy here with us this past week! Elder Randall K. Bennett and his darling Wife. We had a very powerful counsel together and learned a lot. The basis of it was about obedience and having the faith and trust to do EXACTLY what President and Sister Rogers asks of us. As well as following the White Handbook exactly. One of the subjects that was touched was the "car bubble" It's hard being in a car! But, Elder Bennett talked about how just because we are in the car doesn't mean we can't pull over and talk to people that we see. Sister Thao and I decided to put it to the test. 

This past week during Weekly Planning we made a transfer vision for our area and for the ward. We wrote down 4 types of people we want to find to build the ward, one of them being a YSA male, 5'11, dark hair, 23 years of age. On Saturday we were just leaving our apartment and I was keeping my eyes peeled for people on the side of the road when I said loudly to Sister Thao, "Is that our YSA male?!?!?" We did a U-turn, backtracked a bit and parked on a side street and then got out to make it look like we had been walking already. Hahaha we approached him and as we started talking to him, he told us his name, Nick and that he was 21 (close enough) and that he has 2 sisters. He's AT LEAST 5'11 maybe taller and has dark hair. So! hahah we'll take it! We got his number and are planning to go visit him and his family this week. It was awesome. The biggest adreline rush I've had in awhile. haha!

It was fast and testimony meeting yesterday for us in the Utica Ward. I love bearing my testimony. I shared with the ward what I have been studying as of late in the Book of Mormon. I have been reading in 3 Nephi 11-14. These are some of the most beautiful chapters with sooo many hidden gems! I shared 3 Ne 13:30-34. 

 30 Wherefore, if God so cloththe grass of the field,which today is, and tomorrow is casinto the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not olittle faith.
 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat?or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
 32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of althese things.
 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.
What beautiful promises the Lord gives to us there. I have a testimony that as long as we are doing the things that we know we need to be doing and put Him first on our list of priorites we will never have to worry about tomorrow and what it will bring. He will always take care of us in the way we need Him too. We just need to take care of Him, too! :)

I love you all and pray for you daily! Keep on keepin' on. :)

Laska Vzdy,
Sestra Fred

​This is Sestra Daniela Sykora. My Czech angel. She is too tall for the camera! haha! 
She fed us Gulosh!!!!! Ahhh my heart and tummy were so happy Saturday night!

Gulosh 

7 Footer in the Mission:: And he just so happens to be good friends with John jr. Graves! my cousin! He says hello Aunt Pammy. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment