Monday, January 18, 2016

Aojhte Vsichni!

Aojhte Vsichni!

I love my email time. I want all of you to know how thankful I am for all of you who take the time to write me. You have no idea how much it means to me. I just wish I had more time to respond. So forgive me if I don't always get back right away!!! 

Also, Mom and Dad. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to take piano lessons when I was young. I had the opportunity to play in church yesterday for sacrament meeting and I loved every second of it. I had a few hiccups, but they are going to let me play for as long as I am here and I am thrilled! The first counsler in the Branch Presidency, Brother Podlipny, came up to me afterward and thanked me so much for playing because it gives his wife a break. He said that she is thrilled knowing that she doesn't have to play each week. ha! I love the piano so much. So thank you mom and dad!!!

This past week was a cold one. We saw a pattern in the weather. It'd snow during the night, so we'd wake up to snow and then the sun would come out and we would have blue skies. We would then watch all the snow melt away. haha that cycle on repeat for a couple of days. I have enjoyed the beautiful snow and such, but if I am going to be honest with you, I am ready for some warm weather. Sister Boza and I talk all the time about how we can't wait to eliminate putting on tights from our morning routine. ha!

Shoutouts:
Happy 9th Birthday to our sweet Simba on the 16th! RIP buddy. ðŸ˜˜
Congrats to THE MIND for having that cute baby boy! Eek! So exciting!
Mom, you are my hero for inviting the JW's in for Bible study. HAHA! When I read that I was so proud. 
Happy happy Birthday to VERA GOOSE this Thursday! Wow. Can't believe that she will be ONE. 

Mlada Mysteries:
---> We pay 52-57 crowns for a bus ticket, which is about 2-3 US dollars
---> A typical 4-Wheel Drive car is Czech is a Hatchback of some sort. 
---> The garbage cans around the city are orange! haha
---> We went on a sick vylet (trip) today to the place where they filmed part of Narnia! 


Book of Mormon Challenge:
Since I challenged you all (mostly my family I think) to start the Book of Mormon over and while reading highlighting everything that testifies, talks or prophesies of Christ, etc. I thought to myself, well it would prolly be a good idea to share with them some of the things that I am learning while I do so. Tak, from here on out I will have a this section with a Christ insight if you will. :)

This weeks comes from Enos 1:27. I love the story of Enos. Sister Boza and I were talking about how it is unfortunate that Enos was only allotted 1 chapter. ha but anyway, here is my verse I loved!

26And saw that must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world.
 27 And soon go to the place of my restwhich is with my Redeemer; for know that in him shall restAnd rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortalityand shall stand before him; then shall see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen.
I remember in the MTC when Brother Knapp pointed this out to us as a class and told us that this is his goal. Taylor, sorry but I am adapting this goal to myself as well. ;) There is nothing more that I want more then to be able to finish my mission and my life with a sense of peace and accomplishment knowing that I "declared the word according to the truth which is in Christ." I also have a goal to "go to that place of rest, whcih is with my Redeemer" on a daily basis. I don't want to wait for life to slow down, or for this or that to be over until I do. I feel so strongly that we are able to go to that place of rest every day if we but make the time to do so through scripture study, prayer, and service to those around us. 
Opposition in All Things:
Sister Boza and I had a good, but frustrating week. One of our Less-Active focuses, Tomasz, came to RDV last week and we had a lesson with him on Thursday, but then he got evicited from the apartment he was living in. His ex-wife owns the apartment and decided to kick him out on Saturday morning, which was when we were supposed to have our next lesson with him. He is staying in Hradec Kralove, jenom jeden tyden at a friends place. We told him that is was so important that he come to church the next day because there are people there who can help him and it isn't church that is the cause of the opposition and trial that comes into his life just as he is starting to get back on track again, but Satan. He never responded, he didn't show up to church either and we haven't heard anything from him since. 

He was progressing SO well. It was heart wrenching for Sister Boza and I. We really truly believe that he would have been at church had he not been evicted. We are just hoping and praying that he doesn't run in the opposite direction again like he did last time. Each time he comes to church, the week following neco spatny happens and then he stops communicating with the sisters. We fasted for him yesterday and continue to pray for him. Something that Sister Boza and I learning that svoboda jednani is both a gift and a curse. ha ha sometimes we wish we could just take it away from people in instances like this. No, just kidding, but man. It's tough seeing people you love run from God and Jesus Christ rather then to them. 

We talked with President Zbranek. He is working with the Vitovi to see if they can't help Tomasz find a place to live. We gave President Tomasz number. So, fingers are crossed!
We are working with some other potential gators, but don't have any solid ones at the moment. We are praying that the more obedient we are and happy/positive things will start falling into place.
I did have a cool contact on the bus ride home from Jicin Saturday night. Her name is Bara and lives in prague. I taught her the Restoration and got her info to give to the Prague sisters. The sisters there told us that she is going to RDV (FHE) tonight and they are having a lesson with her afterwards! Woot woot! I love being a missionary. :)
I love you all so much! Thank you for all of your support! 
Have an awesome week and know that I am praying for you always!
Slaskou,
Sestra Fred
 
The Famous Stairs from the movie when the queen makes her entrance. Way cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment