Saturday, April 2, 2016

J A R O

My Dear Family and Friends,
Can you believe that April has already snuck up on us? We had exchanges yesterday and it wasn't until Sister DeMann and I got back into Prague 
yesterday evening that we even realized it was April 1st. Ha I love missionary work. Especially when you don't even realize what day it is.
SHOUTOUTS:
Mom nice try on the April Fools joke with Megan and Matt. ha You almost had me. ;) 
Grace! I hope your lesson went well in Young women's last week!
Prague Překvapání/Mladá Mysteries:
---> I contacted some police on the Metro. Coolest contacting moment of my career.
---> I enjoy running up the escalator when getting off the metro. 
---> Sestra Andreason and I got our feet eaten by fishes today! ha! 
---> I locked the keys out of the apartment again. Third times a charm.

B.O.M. INSIGHT:
Alright, I am so sorry. I totally dropped the ball on this section last week. But hey, guess what? I finished on Easter Sunday!
Best part was, I finished Sunday morning before going to church in Jicin and then I got go give a talk about it during Sacrament. 
I testified of the reality and divinity of the Book of Mormon and how there isn't a page that you turn that doesn't have Christ there.
I am so grateful for this challenge that Prezident Rogers gave to us as a mission back in December while I was in New York. I will
be forever grateful to him for that invitation to read with Christ in mind all the way through. My life has been changed because of it.
I am so excited to start it all over again, this time with a different focus! I haven't decided yet though. :)
Here's what I've got for you today.
Moroni 7:16
For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
I am so grateful for the Spirit of Christ which is in all of us. What a gift!

TRAINING:
We had a great week! Sestra Andreason participated in our first training together as STL's.
Prezident Trained on Finding, the Zone Leaders on How to Begin Teaching, and we trained on Follow-up.
I feel that training went really well! We did it twice. Once for the Hradec Kralove Zone and then for the Prague Zone.
 I can't decide if I was more nervous the second time or the first. ha I feel it such a blessing to be serving as a STL and have the opportunity to attend 2 trainings.
There are so many GOOD missionaries in this mission. I love learning from each and every one of them and seeing how we ALL have
so much good to offer!

EXCHANGES:
We had exchanges with C-Bud this week! Sestry DeMann and Manners. I worked with Sister Manners after training on Thursday here in Prague and then Sister DeMann came with me to Boleslav on Friday just for the day. It was a blast. Sister Manners and I worked the Metro and Trams and at the end of the day we met a sweet young woman from Slovakia. She has a catholic background, but as we taught her about the Book of Mormon her demeanor started to change and the spirit started to work on her. We exchanged numbers, left her with a Book of Mormon and will plan to meet with her some time next week. Exchange miracles everybody. I love 'em.
 Sister DeMann and I had a full day and we were running from one end of the town to the other in Boleslav. It was cool too, because there were some former missionaries in town, one who had served in Jicin for A YEAR of his mission. His name is Elder Cizek and he was also the one who prepped the area for the Sisters to come in way back when. Super cool. We tried a Less Active with them and then had some lunch and talked about the work. It was so helpful hearing some of their advice about how to reach out to the people and such. Yes, I locked the keys in the apartment AGAIN on EXCHANGES. I didn't panic as much this time because I finally found our Landlady's number so I called her and she was able to let us right in. ha ha I dont' know what it is lately with those stinkin' keys. I am beginning to think that I am losing my mind.

BOLESLAV:
Our areas are doing rather well. We have a Baptismal Date in Boleslav. Tomas Prusa. He is about 30 years old, works at Skoda, not married, does have a belief in God. When we taught him earlier this week he told us that we could teach him in English if it was easier for us and that way he could practice his English. I thought to myself... nooooooooooo. I started to scramble for words when the spirit told me to testify of how we are called of God to teach him the Gospel in his native tongue. After hearing us say that, he politely said alright then, lets do that. It was a cool moment. When we extended a Baptismal Date to him he said to us, "Well yes... but I need to read this book and I need to live by the teachings first" ha He also expressed his desire to quit smoking, which is awesome because the Gospel can help him with that!

We have been looking for some Teenage girls who can be friends with Enka. On exchanges Sister DeMann and I met 3 who expressed some interest! We are looking forward to teaching them and are praying for the best.  I would love for Enka to have a friend there in Boleslav.

Libuse is doing great. Her son Honza (LA) has joined us for dinner 3 times now. We shared the Easter video with them this past Monday and even Libuse's husband sat in and watched. He has NEVER sat in on a spiritual thought before, so that was pretty awesome! Oh! And! Honza prayed for us at the end just before we left. We think he's comin' around. Slowly, but surely. :)

PRAGUE:
Prague is doing great! I love serving here. It was been so fun to be a part of the fast lane life of missionary work here. Our progressing gators, David Pham and Mia are doing well. David has been meeting with us about 2x a week for the past 2 weeks and is doing soo good. He always has the best questions! Today he had this question: Are the pre-mortal spirits and the dead spirits living in the same spirit world.                I wasn't sure on that one, but he's got questions like this all the time, which means he is really pondering and searching for answers. Mia came to game night! Our biggest struggle with her is getting her to Church. We set up to have a lesson with her at 8:30 just before church starts. We are hoping that that will get her there. hehe. We also had a potential come to game night that we met on the tram a couple weeks back. His name is Dean, from Nigeria and is studying here in Prague. He has a very religious background.. Protestant I think. We taught him with a member afterwards and gave him a Book of Mormon. He said that he would love to come fellowship with us so we will see what happens there!
Life is busy over here for us! The days keep on flying. I really can't believe that it is already April. I love Spring. I love the message that it brings. NEW LIFE. 
I am experiencing new life as a missionary. It is so weird to be doing missionary work in nice weather. ha all I have really known is fall and winter. So I guess you 
could say I am excited for what these spring and summer months have to bring. :) It is a great time to be alive!
If you haven't already.... check out the Easter Mormon Message. 
I love you all to the moon and back! Have a great week!
S laskou,
Sestra FRED 🌻

​I have never experienced anything like this. hahaha so fun. so cool.
We had so many people on the outside looking in that were getting the biggest kick out of it. WE felt like famous people!


Just as our feet went in. ha!

Ondrej is the one on the far left. He is a recent convert. He joined us on our fish adventure. He was like the little tour guide talking to them out front. ha ha it was so funny.

We all wore Flowers without even planning it.

Easter Markets on Winccles Square
Cool little set up they had. The Easter markets are similar to the Christmas ones.

David!

Mmmm Trdelnik. So good. I had the Magic Apple and Sister Andreason had the Strawberry Dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment