Monday, June 6, 2016

The Prepared Elect

Ahojd'!

H a p p y Cerven (June) everyone. :)

I have a quote for ya'll.
"For at least one moment perhaps for the first moment I let go. I stopped trying to fix it.
I stopped trying to be perfect. And I started letting God work."

I really liked that. Hope you do too. 

SHOUTOUTS:
Baby Savannah, don't get anyyy bigger in the next 3 months so your 
Aunt Sestra Fred can hold you while you are still tiny. Angela--Your baby 
girl is DARLING. I can not wait to meet her!

PP--MM:
---> We have sports night in Prague every other Saturday. We played soccer tonight. 
      It felt good to get out and run around in that scene.
---> I ate Museli and Greek yogurt for breakfast this morning.
---> It rained A LOT this past week. The river next to our Prague apartment is quite full now
      compared to what it used to be. 
---> We live right next to an Indian Restaurant in Prague. We are now good friends with the owners.

B.O.M. INSIGHT:
1 Nefi 2:9-10 (Zdenek's faves)

 And when my father saw that the waters of the river emptied into the afountain of the Red Sea, he spake unto Laman, saying: that thou mightest be like unto this river, continually running into the fountain of all righteousness!
 10 And he also spake unto Lemuel: that thou mightest be like unto this valley, afirm and bsteadfastand immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord!
May we all find ourselves running a little more into the fountain of all righteousness and firm in the commandments of the Lord. I know that the commandments are a gift from our Heavenly Father to keep us safe and happy here on Earth. Keeping the commandments is one of the simplest and easiest way for us to show our love for God and Jesus Christ.
GATOR UPDATE:
Henry has been a little M.I.A lately, but all is well. We got in contact with him today.
He has been super busy with work the past week. He will be coming to FHE on Monday and 
we will have a lesson with him afterwards.
Zdenek in Mlada is doing soooooo good!! He texted us his favorite verse from the Book of Mormon (the ones I shared in my insight today) and when we had our lesson with him the next day we were able to see how he is marking them up. He is so good. 
We taught him the plan of Salvation this week and he LOVED it. 
He had this question, "Why would God want us to leave his presence if all he wanted in the 
end was for us to return back to him?" (Good question.) We retouched on the pre-mortal life and how there we knew God and Jesus Christ, but we didn't have bodies like they did and the only way for us to become like them was for us to come to Earth gain a body, be tested and then return back to them. Once we explained it the second time it clicked in his mind and he said well of course. That makes sense. 
He has a working weekend on the 25th, so he has chosen a new date for the 9th of July. We are so excited for him. He will be such a great addition to the Ward!

M.L.C:
We had our last Mission Leadership Council with Prezident and Sestra McConkie yesterday.
I have loved being a part of the council and feel very fortunate to be serving as a Sister Training Leader. I am so blessed to go and learn from all of the amazing leaders in our mission and then go on exchanges and learn from the rest of our outstanding missionaries. I can honestly say that I am constantly learning from each and every one of them. 
I don't have enough  time to go into too much detail, but I wanted to share one thing about the Elect that Prezident shared with us. 
He gave us an example of a city of 100 people. Each day a missionary wakes up to 100 new people to talk to because every single day people's lives are changing and God is preparing the elect with certain experiences. i.e. A death in the family, a baby born, a lost job, etc. Someone who you might have talked to 100 times before could be prepared by God in just a moment. That was really powerful for me. I now try to wake up with that kind of mindsight. That I am waking up to 100's 1000's of new prepared and elect people everyday. 
Prezident also shared with us a tip about prayer. He invited us to change our wording from, "Please bless that we will find the elect today." or "Please bless that he will read his scriptures."
but rather, "Please bless so and so with a trial so that he can exercise his faith in thee and see that he does need thee in their life." or "Please give this person a reason to read in the scriptures." It caused me to take a look at my own prayers and I am trying to repent and be better.

Life is good here in the Prauge/Mlada Boleslav areas. 
Sestry Hale, Cade and I are constantly laughing and smiling. 
I am so blessed. I love my companions. I love my mission. 

Have a great start to your summer!

S laksou,
Sestra Fred ðŸŒ»

I saw Starsi Needhams name next to the Trout option for lunch at our Mission Leadership Council 
on Friday and thought that it would be a good bet thinking that it would be something similar to salmon.... I was NOT expecting to get the whole fish itself. ha ha 

We were recommend to eat here by Evie McConkie. 
They make a mean burger. We were satisfied!

We, Sestra Cade, Sestra Hale and I, spent part of the afternoon with Evie today in Prague. 
It was beautiful out. Tourists are starting to flood the streets.
Don't blame em.

We had a great visit with this pretty lady. I LOVED her shirt and as I went to put my hand on her shoulder as I gave the compliment I felt the shoulder pads. ha,ha,ha, we laughed and laughed and laughed over the shoulder pad style of the 80's or whatever. I love this woman.


Praha Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment