Monday, November 23, 2015

Dobre Rano Vsichni

Dobre Rano Vsichni :)

It's a warm 27 degrees here this morning. Not quite as warm as last week. ha At least the sun is still shining. :)

Shoutouts:

THE KNAPP. Happy Bleated Birthday my friend. I hope that you had the best day ever. You deserve it.

H a p p i e s t T h a n k s g i v i n g   to everyone in my life. I am grateful for ALL of you. 

Toga Tajemstvi:

---> BJ's is the equivalent to Costco
---> People are CRAZY about the spring water from the state park. I have yet to try it, but it stinks like rotten eggs. Ew.
---> Stewart's like the true Maverik of New York. AND they have their own ice cream. It. Is. AH-MAZING. Seriously, it might even be better then the BYU Creamery. Bold statement, I know. haha 
---> People do what they want here. I have never seen so many people run red lights. 10 seconds after it's turned red. ha ridiculous.

TOGA WORK:

We saw a lot of success this past week. We had the opportunity to take a "Walk Day" (We are low on miles. Always a struggle.) I enjoy walk days. We get to meet and interact with a lot more people. The conversation of someone asking us who we are and what we are doing here never gets old. :)

There is always a million things that I wish I could share with you, but today I want to focus on one experience we had this week that has changed my life and my mission.

There is a family in the ward that Bishop asked us to focus on. The Muller's. The Muller's are a part member family. John and Marie and their 5 kids. I personally have only met Katie (20) and Amy (17). The other three live out of state, one, Sam being in Idaho and she is super active in the church. Currently, John and Marie are separated. Marie is Less-Active along with Katie and Amy and John hasn't been baptized. 
This past week we went over to Johns a couple of times. The first time it was Katie, her daughter Kari and John. The second time Amy was there too and Kari was already asleep so the teaching situation was perfect.

We had on plan to teach the Plan of Salvation. I had some cut outs with me so Sister Seader and I got on the floor and then they all gathered around. As we started teaching the Plan the Spirit immediately filled the room. I can't even begin to describe to you how pure the feeling was that was there as we taught this family Heavenly Father's perfect plan for us to live happy lives here on Earth and then one day return home to Him and His Son Jesus Christ and live together as families for eternity. Amy asked soooo many inspired questions and John asked a couple too. SIDENOTE: John is a bit of a punk. He knows deep down that the Gospel is true and that he needs to get baptized he is just having a hard time setting aside that pride of his. During the lesson I asked him a question or asked if he had any and he says, "No, I'm just listening to your story." hahahahah it was so funny. He got really quiet though during the lesson and Sister Seader and I know that his silence wasn't because he wasn't listening or didn't care. The silence was caused by the Spirit nudging him and teaching him. 

At the end of the lesson we asked if it would be alright if we knelt in prayer together. John said sure, and that he'd say it. Katie's response to that was, "Wow dad, I didn't know that you kneel to pray." Kneeling together with this family was one of the most incredible experiences I have yet had on my mission. It was beautiful. It was perfect. It was heavenly. John asked in his prayer that they will come to better understand The Plan and if it is true and how it will help him. 

John is being prepared and his heart is being softened. It is incredible to see the miracle of conversion through the spirit. We have high hopes for John and his family. I know that one day they will all be dressed in white, in the temple, and be sealed as a family. 

THANKSGIVING

I can't believe that it is thanksgiving again already! Wow! I love this time of year. There is always something to be grateful for. I could go on and on, but I came up with 21 things for my 21 years of life that I am thankful for that I would like to share with all of you. 

1. My family, My Savior and The Gospel of Jesus of Christ (they all tie for first.)
2. My mission.
3. The support of Family and Friends
4. Never having to worry about what my next meal is going to be.
5. All of my senses. Especially the ability to see and hear.
6. The support of Family and Friends
7. The smell of fall and fresh cut grass.
8. A healthy body.
9. Sports.
10. Piano -- thanks Mom and Dad for pushing me to take lessons when I was little! 
11. Nail clippers.
12. Clean water to drink.
13. Blankets and sweat shirts
14. The sunshine
15. Pens and Journals :)
16. P I C T U R E S 
17. Laughter
18. Stars.
19. Hot water -- for showers, clean dishes, and hot coco. :)
20. A Heavenly Father.
21. My life. 

I want to leave you all with my testimony that I know this church is true. I know that through our Savior Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father created this magnificent world for us to live in and enjoy all the good it has to offer. I know that God lives. I know that The Plan of Salvation is a plan of happiness, a plan of peace and a plan of redemption. I am grateful for my Savior who made the ultimate sacrifice for you and me by performing the Atonement. 

What a wonderful knowledge we have!

Take care, eat lots of turkey and remember to give thanks extra good this week! :)

S laskou, 
Sestra Fred

"Happiness is the design of our existence."
 
Me. Katie. John. Amy. Sister Seader

No comments:

Post a Comment