Thursday, August 28, 2014

Week 2!

Dobry Den muy rodina!

What a beautiful day it is! When we go to the temple on Thursday mornings the sun is just at the right spot shining down on good old Moroni. It is my favorite moment of the day for sure. We did initatory's today and guess who was one of the temple workers in my little booth.... Coleen Hatfield! Hah it was so fun seeing her. She said she couldn't believe that I was old enough to be on a mission. I had to agree with her on that one. ;) I've actually ran into a lot of people from home this past week! I saw Chelsey Burns today at the temple and then Kevin Critchfield on the way back to campus. He works here as a driver. Yesterday I saw Taylor Sutterfield at the stoplight coming back from gym time. Funny story about that encounter.... I was so excited to see him and I wanted to give him something to give to mommy. I just so happened to have some pencils and notepad with me so I wrote a little note and gave it to him and while I was doing this someone a couple cars behind was leaning out the window saying "DON'T DO ITTTT!" I think he thought I was giving my number to him or something. HAHAHAH how funny is that? Anyway, I hope the little note got delivered! :)
Oh! and I also have been seeing a lot of Shelby Millerberg's little brother. I am not sure what his name is... but he is going to Tahiti and has been here for 10 weeks so he is almost on his way out. Woo-hoo! 

Alright here are some random things I wanted to share with you this week!

Our favorite gym time activity this past week has been "scoops" haha it's super fun. I also got to PLAY CATCH. Ahhhhhh it never felt so good to throw a softball. Sister Birkeland is a trooper. She has been my workout partner in crime and angel here at the MTC. Also, during gym time I try to sneak in 20 minutes of sunshine.... Gotta get that Vitamin D seeing as i'm stuck in a classroom all day. ;)

I forgot to mention last week that we live on the top floor of our building, love that. andddd I sleep on the TOP BUNK. haha! I love it. Reminds me of my childhood days. I also am really loving my short hair.... It was prolly the wisest decision I ever made. It makes getting ready in the morning A LOT quicker. I've almost mastered being on time! ;)

Our zone and district are growing a lot closer. It's awesome to see the relationships that have been made in just 2 weeks. You would think that we have all been best friends since birth. The one thing I love most about my district is we LAUGH. There is not a day that goes by that we aren't laughing at something silly in class. Without laughter I think I would prolly go crazy in here! Oh! and GREAT news. We have THREE teachers now! HALLELUJAH! We seriously have THE best teachers in this place and I am not just saying that. 

We spend a lot of time in the crapeteria and while we are there we have some time to think about something else besides Czech. Lately I've been thinking about when Dad, Ron, T. Fred, Clarkie and Mike were here and what they were like during their stays at the MTC. hahah I can only imagine. It's fun to think that I am walking the same hallways that they once did.

Temple Walks on Sunday are the best. and They also have theee yummiest Chocolate covered cinnamon bears at the bookstore.... :)

Sunday was hands down the most spiritual Sunday and day of my entire life. I have never felt the spirit so strongly. In Relief society the speaker spoke on Faith and having faith in His work and our efforts. For times sake, I am just going to bear my testimony that I know without a shadow of a doubt that Christ lives. He suffered on the cross for me and all of you so that we can return back home to our Heavenly Father. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and is aware of every single concern, doubt, and joy we have. TALK to him, don't let a day go by without kneeling down to pray to your Father in Heaven. This gospel means more than anything to me. I couldn't imagine my life without it. Everyday I pray that I will have the strength to work a little bit harder to be better than I was the day before. 

I love this quote from Joseph Smith, "The best way to climb a ladder is to start at the bottom, and take one step at a time until you reach the top."

It is as simple as that. Heavenly Father isn't asking us to climb Mount Everest, or run a million marathons. He wants us to make goals, and stretch ourselves to reach them. I have learned how important goals and planning is in missionary work and just in life. Without goals or ambitions there isn't much drive to achieve anything. When I have set goals in the past, I haven't always been the best at following through with them. At the Tuesday devotional, Brother Martino of the Seventy spoke to us about the importance of goal setting. He said, "Sometimes goals are made and not meant to be reached. They are just meant to push us." I love that. You might not reach your goal in the end, but you progressed and are better then when you started. Heavenly Father isn't going to judge us by what we are. He is going to judge us by what we become.


I love you my family!!! Thanks for the package mom and dad!!! But remember what I said about no treats. ;)

Until next week! 
Naslednou!!! :)

Sestra Fred

 Tuesday service day. Ha! 

 Our boyfriends on bikes.

I found Elder Jensen! 




No comments:

Post a Comment