Monday, February 15, 2016

Plan Spasení

Ahoky!

How are all of my favorite people doing today?? 
Things are going here in Mladá  The weather WAS warming up and then it got realllll cold again this past week. 
Hoping we will be seeing more sunny skies here soon! 

Sister Boza and I are still kickin' here in Mlada Boleslav. She was sick this past week, but that didn't keep her from working. I finally told her Saturday during weekly planning that as her companion it is my responsibility and duty to look out for her spiritual AND physical well-being. She hearkened unto my loving counsel and laid down for the rest of the evening. It helped her a ton! She is feeling a lot better and we are hoping that she is on the down-hill of her nasty cold she has had.


SHOUTOUTS:
H a p p y V a l e n t i n e s D a y 😘 
Brother Gillies! You are awesome. You commented on my shoutouts so here's one for you. :) Thanks for your email and testimony of temples!
HAPPIEST B I R T H D A Y to Ron D and Uncle John this coming saturday! 
as well as....
BREEEE BABY BATER and ALIZA ANN ALLRED! Bre... I think you are on the 18th.. and Aliza you are on the 16th. Forgive me if I am incorrect!
Just know that I am thinking about you both as you ALSO celebrate the best 22nd birthday!! :) 

MLADÁ MYSTERIES:
---> It really should be called the city of Škoda not the city of Mlada Boleslav. 
---> Mlada means small and Boleslav is a name. So it is the city of small boleslav. ha.
---> Dogs love their Czechs. Czechs love their dogs.
---> We don't have a dryer, so we hang dry everything.

B.O.M INSIGHT:

So I realized that I wrote the heading for the thought last week and then totally spaced putting the actual insight. ha! My bad. Here is this week's.
Alma 36: 17-21. In this chapter, Alma the younger is sharing his conversion story with his son Helaman. Every time I read this my heart is touched by the 
true repentance that Alma went through to recognize his Savior once again in his life. It reads,

 "17 And it came to pass that as was thus racked with torment, while was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, cried within my heart: Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitternessand amen circled about by the everlasting chains of death.
19 And now, behold, when thought this, could remember my pains no moreyea, was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
 20 And oh, what joyand what marvelous light did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
 21 Yea, say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea,and again say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.
I LOVE this. I love it. I love it. I love it.

As Alma remembered and caught hold of that memory of his father prophesying of the coming of Jesus Christ, the spirit was able to work on him and cause him to cry sincerely
to his Savior for forgiveness of his sins. As he did so he discovered the marvelous light of the Atonement. Verse 21 is my favorite. There are going to experiences we have in life that
seem almost unbearable, but like Alma said, "that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." I know and testify that where there is deep sin and sorrow
there is also the marvelous light and joy of Christ and His Atonement there to lift us out.  

PLAN of SALVATION:

This past week Sister Boza and I decided to focus all of our contacting efforts on one subject, that subject being Plan of Salvation. In addition to focusing our contacting on one subject I did the same in my personal studies. I loved it! I learned a lot about our Heavenly Fathers merciful plan for us. There were some things that stood out to me that hadn't before. One thing I found interesting was that while in the Pre-Mortal life we LEARNED to love truth. That was so fascinating to me. As we focused our finding efforts on Plan of Salvation we met a lot of people who had spiritual concerns and questions that could be answered by the Plan. We went tracting Saturday morning and met this sweet old Czech Grammy. She came out and seemed a little bothered at first that we interrupted her Saturday morning rituals. ha BUT! As we introduced ourselves and shared our message about the Plan of Salvation it was so neat to see how the spirit started to work on her. We talked to her for a good 30 minutes or so and as the conversation evolved her body language completely changed and she started to really listen, ponder and even ask questions like, "well, the real question is WHY ARE WE HERE?" 

Our response to that... "Good question Pani. Let us tell you all about it."haha!

Although she didn't want to meet with us again, she did accept a Book of Mormon from his and said that she would read it. 
One of her reasons for not wanting to meet is that she is too old. I hate when we hear that. Whenever I hear that rejection/excuse I think of Albertina Dillenbeck. The sweet 
recent convert in Saratoga Springs, NY. Sister Seader informed me a couple of weeks ago that she passed away. She was a grammy, but because she accepted the restored Gospel of
Jesus Christ and was baptized she got to leave this Earth prepared to go Preach the Gospel to all of her family and Friends in the spirit world. She is such an incredible example to me of 
a woman of true faith. It is NEVER too late! No matter who we are, members or non-members, Christ is always waiting for us to "come unto him and be perfected." 

I would like to challenge all of you to find Christ in your life this week. Turn unto him and allow Him to change you. 

I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. To know where I came from, why I am here and where I am going is such a gift!
I feel so humbled to have the opportunity to share that with these Czech people of whom some have been searching for the answers to those questions. Although we didn't 
find anyone new to teach this week, I feel so much love from my Savior in knowing that by small and simple conversations that we are having with people on the streets and inviting them
to learn more we are laying the foundation of a great work.
GATORS:

Pavlina has been out of town, so we didn't see her last week! We are set up to see her on Wednesday though. :)
Charles and Jozef are doing well. The daily contact is helping! One night last week Jozef texted and said, "Good evening my dear sisters! I hope you haven't forgotten about me! I am reading the scriptures you are sending me!"
hahahah it made our day. We are only able to see each of them once a week, which make it really difficult for them to progress more consistently. But! We are hoping this week we start meeting with them more regularly. 

CHURCH:

We had an awesome day at church! Sister Hedrlinova came with her daughter again! And you will never guess who rode with them, Sister Bursova! Yay!
Sister Boza and I have really focused on the Less-Active work this transfer and we are seeing miracles from it. :)

Welp, that's all folks!
Have a happy week! Toodle-loo!

S laskou,
Sestra Fred

​Every Sunday evening we have dinner with the Ratajovi. 
Libuse is a recent convert. 
She is one of the most loving and thoughtful humans I have ever met. 
She gave me a rose for my birthday. ha 
There's never a dull moment Sunday nights at the Ratajovi.

Lentils and Sausages
hahah I didn't even know WHAT I was eating. 
Surprisingly enough, I really like lentils!!! ha!

This is Kristof Lendel. He drew me a picture of the Frier Berg Temple!
Ha,ha, I also claimed him as my valentine. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment