Monday, February 29, 2016

C H A N G E

Cau Cau!


It has been one, hectic, crazy, so many things happened kind of week. I hope that I can cover everything that I would like to!

SHOUTOUTS:
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y Clarkie Boy! I hope you have one of the best days! I love you!
High five for making it through the month of love! ha.
Mary Grace! Congrats on taking 2nd in state! I am so proud of you and the team!!!


MLADA MYSTERIES:
---> Weather has turned cold. It has been pretty overcast and rainy lately.
---> We put 2 people on date this past week!
---> We have become the best of friends with the people who own the Kebab shop. ha!
      Their names are Erkan and Melek. They are from Hungary! I think.
---> I am staying in Mlada this transfer and... I will be training. :) Sestra Boza headed to Paradubice!

B.O.M. INSIGHT:
Alma 60:36 reads,
"Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God,
and the freedom and welfare of my country. And thus I close mine epistle."

I find Jesus in this scripture in the sense that He is not one to seek power or honor of the world, rather he in is ever self-lessness
was and is constantly seeking the glory of God and the freedom and welfare of our souls.

TRAINING:
We had training in Prague last Wednesday. President focused on Joseph Smith. I want to share with you a few quotes he shared with us.

Two great truths must be accepted by mankind if they shall save themselves: first, that Jesus is the Christ, the

Messiah, the Only Begotten, the very Son of God, whose atoning blood and resurrection save us from the physical

and spiritual death brought to us by the fall; and next, that God has restored to the earth, in these last days,

through the Prophet Joseph Smith, His holy Priesthood with the fullness of the everlasting Gospel, for the

salvation of all men on the earth. Without these truths man may not hope for the riches of the life hereafter.


The second is from Thomas Carlyle in 1840 and is one of my favorites. The "Great Man" referred to in the quote is

the prophet Joseph.

The Great Man was always as lightning out of Heaven; the rest of men waited for him like fuel, and then they too

would flame.

I wish you all could have been there and felt the spirit in that room as President testified of "The Great Man"Joseph. 
I love Joseph Smith. I love learning about him and they spiritual journey he himself had to take to find God and Jesus Christ.
I know with all my heart that Joseph Smith was a good man and a prophet of God. I know he wasn't perfect, but I do know that 
he was called of God and was qualified to do what he did in restoring Christ's church to the Earth.

We were also trained on how to use baptismal calendars with our investigators! Along with the teaching record and our planners that have some key points on what needs to be covered
and introcuded to the investigator before baptism. We studied and reviewed chapter 12 in Preach My Gospel together
as a Zone and recieved a lot of good insight on how to use it better.

WORK:
So, like I just mentioned we were trained on how to use and implement the baptismal calendar, our teaching record and our planners better when working
with investigators to prepare them for baptism. We have been working with 3 investigators and the day after training we used the baptismal calendar Sestra Boza
and I implemented what we learned at training and put 2 of them on date! Jiri and Tomas! They are both on date fore the 23rd of April (Angie's Bday) and they are both
so excited. Jiri is our english student, and Tomas was a former who we found in the area book. Tomas is amazing and is soooo smart! He remembers EVERYTHING from
what he was taught a couple years ago. He was actually found by the one and only Sister Smith! :) He loves loves lovesss Joseph Smith and his first vision too.
Jiri is this gentle spiritual giant. We taught him the Restoration and then put him on date. He also loved the story of Joseph and really believes that the experience that Joseph
had is possible. He told us at the end of our lesson that he is so grateful for what we do as missionaries and that our message is one of hope that this world really needs right now.
Wow. He is a good one. Good things are going to be happening in Mlada this next transfer!


TRANSFERS:
Sestra Boza and I were really sad to see the transfer end. She is one of my best friends and I am really going to miss her, but am so excited for her to go to Paradubice!
She will be follow-up training Sister Anderson there. :) That leaves me staying in Mlada Boleslav and I will be training!
Only thing is, my sweet greenie's visa didn't come through. So she is visa waiting in the states somewhere. ( I can relate to that. ha)

Sooooooo!

I will be serving with the Prague Sisters!!! Sister Andreason and Sister Humphries.
We will work between the two areas until my greenie comes. It is going to be crazy, but so much fun!
I will also be Sister Training Leader with Sister Andreason, who started her mission in Mlada! It will be
good to have her back in the area to help ignite some testimonies again.

Mission life is crazy and things are never what you expect them to be!
President McConkie often says that Change is the only constant thing in missionary life. ha
I am grateful for change! I know that where there is change, there is conversion. And thát's something
we all need in this life.

I love you all so much!
Have an amazing week!!!

S laskou,
Sestra Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment