Saturday, March 5, 2016

Firm in the Faith

Drahy Rodino a Pratele,

Surprise! While I am serving in Prague my P-day will be on Saturday instead of Monday! Sorry Mom and Dad for not mentioning that this past Monday. hehe
It's fairly nice here in Prague today, pretty overcast though. I am seriously ready for some sunshine. I need me some blue skies and sunshine. 🌻

SHOUTOUTS:
Clarkie boyyyyy! I hope you had a good birthday big bro! I thought of you all day. 
Another special event happened on the 2nd of March 14 years ago. I was baptized! yay.

PRAGUE PŘEKVAPÁNÍ:
---> We live in the Babylon Apartments. ha ha ha ha. How ironic.
---> We had a huge slumber party with all the sisters who were training this past Tuesday night!
---> We take a 25 minute-ish Metro ride to get to the church building.
---> Enka (RC in Mlada) came running up to me today in the food court at a mall and gave me a hug! haha best surprise ever. 
      She was there on a school trip. She looked like she was having fun. :)
---> Prague has so many cool YSA. FHE and game night are super. I am not use to being around so many members all at once
      on so many days of the week. ha

B.O.M. INSIGHT:
Helaman 5:9-12 (highlighting verse 12)

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation
that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, 
when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, 
because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is sure foundation, foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

I love the way King Benjamin taught his people to build their faith upon "the rock of their Redeemer." I have the strongest testimony
that if we are firm in the faith, if we are firm and steadfast in Him he can and will save us all from all of life's quicksands. 
He is the strongest foundation that any of us can have in this life!

TOWN HOPPING:

Working the two cities has been kind of hard!! I am loving the fact that I get to serve in Prague with Sisters Andreason and Humphries, but I am feeling like a fish out of water. 
We were in Mlada Boleslav Wednesday for District Meeting, finding, English and a lesson with Jiri. We had studies there Thursday morning and then came back to Prague Thursday afternoon. 
we are going to Boleslav tonight will be there for church tomorrow and most of Monday and then will head back to Prague for Family Home Evening. ha ha ha ha Man, I can't think straight these days. 
Our investigators in Boleslav are doing well. We weren't able to meet with Tomas this week because of our schedules, but we are doing our best to maintain daily contact. We expect both of them to come to
Church tomorrow so keep them in their prayers! Pavlina too! 

In Prague we are working with a couple of neat investigators. Monica is 17 and is so cute! She has been really receptive to the message. We have met with her almost every day this week!
This morning we had a lesson with her after having a lesson with a Recent Convert, Lucy. We felt inspired to ask Lucy to stay and teach Monica with us and she said yes and it turned out to be a great lesson!!
It was perfect because we were able to ask Lucy if she could sit with Mia tomorrow at church since we won't be there. Monica lit up and seemed to be really excited about it! 

It is also fast Sunday tomorrow, so we are fasting with another investigator, Vince, to help him receive an answer of his own to know the truth of the Gospel. He has been investigating for almost a year now
and this will be his his first time fasting and fasting with a specific purpose in mind. We are really excited for him and are expecting good things to come of it!! 

GOD DOESN'T DO RANDOM:

One thing that my mission has taught me is having an eternal perspective. Sometimes is it hard when you go all day without finding someone new to teach or even someone 
who will accept a FREE pass along card. I want to share with you an neat experience that I had on the Metro last night.

We were traveling home just after finishing game night at the church building. We hopped on the Metro and I took a different door just to give us some space. As I got on I found a good spot
to stand and made eye contact with a middle aged man. I said hello and asked how he was doing. He was quite nice so I asked if I could sit next to him. As we got to talking and introducing ourselves 
he told me that he lived in Dallas, Texas for a time and had a good friend who was a Mormon bishop! He goes on to tell me, I don't know what it is about you Mormons, but there is just something that
about you. I immediately responded, well sir, let me tell you why! hahahah He went on to tell me that he had taken the lessons before, but feels that he has his own ideas and isn't ready to take on 
another religon. I asked him if he had a Book of Mormon and he said no, but that he would like one in English, because he is from a different country and doesn't speak much Czech. 

Now, Listen.

A young woman from America hops on the metro at 8 p.m. in the Czech Rep.
She says hello and sits down next to him to find out that he has a good friend that is Mormon and has
been taught the lessons.
They exchange numbers and will soon give him a Book of Mormon in English so that he can hopefully
find out for himself the truth of what the Book of Mormon contains. 


Ha! I love the way Heavenly Father works. There is no way that was coincidence! That same scenario has happen a couple of other times this past week but on buses from Prague 
to Mlada Boleslav and vice versa. I don't know what the end result will be with any of them, but the fact is God is always putting people in our path that are being prepared! 
When I was in New York an area of the Seventy came and told us that a person who is invited to learn about the Gospel will typically reject the invitation 8 times before they say yes.
So, when I meet people like I did on the Metro last night, I think to myself that they are on an escalator, and each time we invite them to learn, they are one step closer to saying yes yes yes!

It is a great time of life to be a missionary! I hope that you all have a special missionary experience this week 
and have the opportunity to share a piece of who you are as a latter-day saint with some one is is thirsting after 
the truth.

I love you all! Thank you for all you do for me. 
Ta ta for now!

Slaskou,
Sestra Fred 🍦💫

Our Triiiisome! Papa you have a candy shop here. :)


That sweet girl next to me is getting ready for her baptism in April! We go over and teach 
with the Holt's and Alyssa's papa. She is so darling. Czech kids melt my heart.

There are those who call this church building Noah's Ark.

Fresh Snow on March 1st



No comments:

Post a Comment