Saturday, March 12, 2016

2 Sestry 2 Oblasti

Dobry Den Vsem!

Small update of my life right now. 
It's GREAT! 

SHOUTOUTS:
Angela Marie. I can hardly stand it. Tuesday could not come fast enough! So excited 
welcome this new little human into the world!!! Baby girl it will be! :)
Vera Goose, high five sweet girl. You are walking! ( I know it has been awhile, but I still 
wanted to let you know how proud of you I am!)

PRAGUE PŘEKVAPÁNÍ:
---> The birds have been singing a lot lately. I think of Gma and Gpa Fred when I hear them💕
---> We had district conference today! 
---> The new mission president is Czech!!! 
---> And then there were 2!


B.O.M. INSIGHT:
Helaman 14:5
 And behold, there shall a new star arise, such an one as ye never have beheld; and this also shall be a sign unto you.
I love love lovee this one. I'm sure you can all figure out why. 
Stars are very symbolic to me. Last Sunday we were walking home from having dinner at the Ratajovi and we paused for a moment to look up
at the night sky. The dark blue blanket of sky was crisp and the starts shone bright. It was a beautiful sight. As we look to the stars, our focus is upward.
When looking to Christ, our star, our chins are held high and we are confident in his love and mercy trusting that He will deliver us always as we look to Him.

STRESSED:
Alright, I am going to be honest with all of you. I was stressed out of my mind last week. While traveling to Jicin to go to church last Sunday we missed a bus
at 6:40 in the morning and the next one didn't leave for another hour, which meant that I wouldn't be able to practice on the piano before church started. Luckily,
we were able to set up camp in a bakery near the bus stop and we made it to church on time. I was feeling really overwhelmed, trying to figure out how the transfer
was going to play out and how I could keep taking care of my area, along with Prague and follow up training Sister Humphries and this and that and the list goes on and on.
I was nearing a nervous breakdown, when I stopped to talk to one of the brethren in the Branch. He is an old-timer and has been around the block a time or two and he said something
 that set my heart and soul at ease, "Sister, it doesn't matter where you serve because wherever you are, even on buses talking to people you are serving God."

I really needed that in that moment. It helped me to realized that Heavenly Father understands our situation and as long 
as we do our best to take care of His vineyard in Mlada Boleslav and Prague He will take care of the rest. 

I also got a blessing from President McConkie that helped so much. After the blessing I had a clearer vision of how the transfer
would go and a feeling of peace that everything would be just fine.

THE CHANGE CONTINUES:
There is never a dull moment on the mission, I can tell you that much!
Unfortunately, we lost one our fellow soldiers. Sister Humphries got sent to Brno. She was needed there due to a sister going home.
Tough situation, but my prayers are with both of them and I know with all my heart that God doesn't do random. There is a reason for 
everything! 

In the mean time, that leaves Sister Andreason and I working Prague and Mlada. It will be a lot easier with just the two of us AND we are getting the 
car next week so our lives will be even better. Yip-ee! 
As far as my greenie, President McConkie informed me that she will be there for probably the whole transfer or close to the end. 
He told me that she will still be mine when she comes. :) So this transfer will include a lot of traveling. I have never been so tired in my life.
But the work is so rewarding. Sister Andreason are excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this transfer!

WINDOWS OF HEAVEN:
Sister Andreason and I have seen the windows of heaven pour out upon us all of gods choicest blessings, especially in the food department. ha!
We don't have a lot of time to go grocery shopping or even cook for the matter because we are always on the go. We were also worried about our money
situation. Because we are having to travel so much by bus it was looking like money was going to be real tight this month. Trusting in the Lord and praying that
He would provide we have sacrificed the money we have need to for the bus fare and in return we have been fed almost 4-5 out of the 7 days and will have people
randomly give us food. Today for example, we had lunch with the elders, their gator and a member and the member paid for all of us. And then another member gave us oreos randomly
while waiting for a lesson to show. I could go on and on about the blessings we have seen. I am so certain that these blessings have also come from paying fast offerings each month.
The past two weeks have been a testimony to me that Heavenly Father will pour out His blessings upon us as we do what He asks and put Him first. 

CONFERENCE:
We had district conference today and it was wonderful. We had an area of the seventy come who shared his testimony of building stakes. He was once a district president in Spain
and remained one for TEN YEARS before a stake was created there. He shared his beautiful testimony with us and the Czech saints of how God's timing in perfect and to not be disappointed
if now is not the time for a stake to be established in the Czech Republic, but that it will be soon. And if it is the time, then let us all rejoice! 

Miracle Sidenote! I contacted a man on the tram last night on the way home. Gave him a Book of Mormon, invited him to conference and..
HE CAME. hahah! He totally showed up. so cool. Miracles people. Miracles are happening everywhere.


I am so grateful for my mission. I love it more than anything. There is no place I'd rather be!
I want to leave you with a thought that came from Sister McConkie's talk today.
"The object of prayer is not to change the will of God. I pray because it changes me."
Take the time to just say hello to your Heavenly Father today, He is always anxiously waiting to hear from you. 

S Laskou,
Sestra Fred

​While were were camped out at 6:40 in the A.M. at the bakery.

Miracle Lunch

​Sister Andreason caught me snoozin' on the job. ha!

Yummy Rizotto


No comments:

Post a Comment