Monday, February 22, 2016

The Miracle of SNIH (snow)

Dobré Odpoledné!
I am happy to report that I am writing to you all from the beautiful city of Prague today!
Sister Boza and the Gunnels had visa work this morning, so we rode in with the Gunnels and 
got here around 9:30. While they went off to do Visa work I got to take part in the Office meeting
that they have every Monday morning with the office couples, office elders, and assistants. Ha it was
fun to sit in on that and an eye opener for me to see all the planning and work that goes on behind 
the scenes. Every person plays a part!

SHOUTOUTS:
Mom: Sister McConkie told me specifically to tell you THANK YOU for the cute card that you sent their family for Christmas? 
She wants you to know how much she loves you and adores you. And that you are the cutest! :)
Hope the birthday kids (Ron D, Uncle John, Bre Bater, and Aliza) had a fun-filled, festive week!
Last week of the transfer! Woot woot.

MLADA MYSTERIES
---> It has been raining quite a bit here! 
---> We had a branch activity on Saturday in Jicin. We played Kužlezky (I think) ha it was a lot of fun! It's similar to bowling. See Google. 
---> Sister Boza and I ate our first Kebab of the transfer this past week. It was divine!


B.O.M. INSIGHT:
Alma 44:4
Now ye see that this is the true faith of God; yea, ye see that God will support, and keep, and preserve us, so long as we are faithful unto him, 
and unto our faith, and our religion; and never will the Lord suffer that we shall be destroyed except we should fall into transgression and deny our faith.

I think that it is important for us to constantly ask ourselves, "In whom am I putting my faith in?" I have a strong testimony that if we strive to put
our faith in God and the Lord, Jesus Christ we will always have the promised blessing of being supported and preserved. I have seen that first hand
in my life this past year. 

SNOW MIRACLES:
Just when we thought spring was right around the corner we get a snow day!
It snowed allllll day on Wednesday. hahah it was crazy. We were worried to because we had a 
lesson set up with Pavlina and she has only liked to go on walks when we meet. So we texted her to see if 
we were still on for our meeting and she said yes, but it is snowing a lot so I don't know if I really want to take the kids 
out. Long story short, we told her that we reallllyyyy realllllyyy reallllyyy wanted to see her because it had been over a week
and that we would make it a quick visit! She caved, and said alright come over! This means that we would be teaching
her IN HER HOME!!!!!
We got to teach her in her home and meet her little boy who we hadn't had the chance to meet already. 
We have been focusing on making daily contact with her by sending her scriptures to read and when we met
with her we saw that she had been highlighting in her Kniha Mormonova! Ahhh so sweet. She has a lotttt of questions
which is super awesome, but makes it hard to focus on one particular lesson plan. But we had a really good conversation
about faith and seeking evidence from God. I had another "Heaven Sent/Inspired Question" moment. She was going on about 
how she needs evidence before she chooses to believe in what we are teaching her. The question then came to me, "Well, what
kind of evidence are you looking for or wanting Pavlina?" It stopped her dead in her tracks like a deer in headlights. ha ha I have come 
to the conclusion that when the person we are teaching all the sudden can't answer and stumbles over their words or thoughts it is
a question coming from the spirit and not me. ha
Super cool moment for me and her! We commited her to ponder about the type of evidence she is looking for and we are planning to follow up 
with her next lesson..... Which we will have the Branch President's wife with us for that lesson! Sister Zbranka said she could join us on Thursday
for our lesson with her. We are pretty pumped about that. It is going to be great!
Our other investigators are doing well! We have been doing more tracting lately and have seen success from 
that. Ha I have a story about a dad with a stroller for next week because I need to get going!
Sorry this letter is so short!
Thank you for all of your love and support! Sending it right back to you from Czech!
S laskou,
Sestra Fred


The Gang
How bout those tennis shoes though with my dress? ha! 
Kebabs :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment