Monday, July 11, 2016

First Week Back in the Bud

Happy 11th of July!
It is very warm here today. They call it "Vedro/Vedra"
I am starting to get tan again! ha ha yay.
SHOUTOUTS:
Sister Christina Seader H A P P Y BE-LATED! I totally spaced your day on the 1st. 
BUT I want you to know that my comps and I sang to you in spirit. :)
That goes for you too Alice Fred! Happiest Birthday to you as well on the 8th! I hope that you had a fantastic day. Hopefully Clarkie spoiled you. ;) 
HALE FAMILY: thank you thank you thank you for the peanut butter and your visit to C-bud. I am SO grateful that I got to meet you all in the country where I came to love your daughter and you.
Johnny.. you might be right. I'm not sure if the PB will last more than a month. ha ha 
DEB BARD: Thank you for the darling necklace you made for me! I LOVE it! (p.s. when I get home
I want to come try the Tire workout again. :)
CBUD CHARMS:
---> Czechs have a brown garbage can and a silver one.
---> I traveled about 200 kilometers to get to CBud last week.
---> They call a cross walk "Zebra."
---> Czechs LOVE their ice cream during the summer.
B.O.M. INSIGHT:
1 Nefi 21:14-16
 14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
 15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
I love these verses because they paint a beautiful picture of the Savior having us and holding us in the palm of His hand.
We need not worry ONE BIT that the Lord isn't aware of us. He is. I know He is. Just as I know that my own earthly Mom is aware of me and very in tune with my needs spiritually and temporally. Be brave and rely on Him! 

RUNNIN' THE STREETS:
Sestra Hill and I have been pounding the streets. 
Upon my arrival to C-Bud they were working with a few investigators that have the potential, they just aren't quite there yet and are having a hard time accepting a baptismal date. 
They did just have a baptism the Saturday before I got here. Her name is Ellie. She just turned 22 and has 3 kids! She has a crazy amount of strength and faith. Looking forward to getting to know her better.
The Sisters and Elders tag team taught her like we did with Kristian in Jicin and MB a couple of transfers back.

As for our teaching pool... it is a little shallow, BUT don't worry we are on it. We met a lot of cool people this past week that set up!
And then their lessons fell through due to various circumstances. 
Yesterday, on our way to a Less-Actives home we met a young woman by the name of Clariss. She is a guide at one of the musuems in town. We set up with her tomorrow just after english. She said she will prolly come early and sit in on the english class. Great! She isn't a believer, 
but she believes that something is there. (We hear that a lot on the streets) We are excited to see where things go with her!

ZDENDA:
My last Sunday in Mlada Boleslav Zdenda and I planned a vylet to Cesky Krumlov for today. I was so excited last night that I could hardly sleep. ha! We met him at the main train station and as we were walking to the platform we needed to be at he starts singing I am a Child of God IN ENGLISH. Perfectly!!!! Hahahaha I was dyinnnggggg. He learned it all by himself too.
I asked him what was going on, what was new, atd. He waited until we got to the platform to tell me that HE WILL BE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS COMING SATURDAY. The best part is.. IT WILL BE ON THE BIRTHDAY OF SESTRA HALE.
Ahhhh it's perfect! He was absolutely beaming when he told Sestra Hill and I. I asked him what the final confirmation from the spirit was
in guiding him to choose to be baptized. He told me that he realized he could go on and on saying that he isn't ready and that there is something
that he doesn't completely understand for the rest of is life. He has received a witness that it is true, so why wait and put it off. 
He is so so good. I am sooo very proud of him. Saturday will be a great day for him! 

We had an awesome vylet togehter with the Elders in Krumlov, which is about 40 minutes outside of C-bud.
As we were getting to our bus to go back to C-Bud there was a man that had fallen off a bench. Where I was more concerned about missing our bus, Elders Dean, Marcucci and Zdenda were more worried about
the well-being of this man. I watched and the Elders and Zdenda were caring for this man who wasn't really communicating back to what they were asking. Elder Dean asked that Zdenda would make sure that he would be taken care of. As we pulled away I watched as Zdenda walked this man to the shade and leaned over to continue trying to diagnose
what the problem was. It was a very humbling moment for me. I am grateful for the examples of the Elders and Zdenda. They taught me today what it means to be Christlike. 

We have a good week ahead of us!
We will actually be in Prague for a few days.
Prezident Pohorilicky asked Sestra Boza and I to participate in a radio talk show for the church.
I am super excited to do that with her! That will take place on Wednesday and then we will also take care of our transfer exchange while we are there. And Friday we have visa work.

Busy busy busy!
Keep on keepin'on!
Love you all! Thank you for all that you do for me!
S laskou,
Sestra Fred 🌻

​Where Zdenda told me the good news.

The Garden Area 

Another Vyhled 

ELEKTRO

Starší and Zdenda





No comments:

Post a Comment