Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 5 - SMRT Tyden

Hiiiiiiii familyyyy! 

Sounds like there has been a lot of hustle and bustle going on this past week. I am sooo thankful to hear that Whitney and the baby are okay. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father who is taking care of all of you while I am away. He truly is so kind and merciful to all of us and blesses us beyond measure. It's been a bit of a rough week for me and my district. I titled this email "Smrt Tyden" because it kind of really has been a "Death Week" for us. I along with one of the Elders caught the nasty plague that's been going around here. Achy body, pounding headaches, and I have easily gone through 3 boxes of tissues all by myself. Ha ha. Fortunately, I am feeling MUCH, much better now! But, my poor companion and one of my teachers caught the plague from me I think.. Such a sad state of affairs. Hopefully we can all get better soon! 

Other than being sick, it was a wonderful week. We had a pretty neat experienceTuesday night at our devotional. We were graced with the presence of Elder Richard G. Scott. I can't even begin to describe to you the feeling in the room as he entered the room Tuesday night. I was nearly 20 feet away from an apostle, AN APOSTLE. He spoke to us missionaries about prayer and what was cool was that it was broadcast to ALL of the MTC's around the world. So sick. He opened his talk with, "Don't just serve your mission, have a BLAST." Haha he is seriously the best. He had a lot of good insights on prayer. Some of the things that stuck out to me were it's so important for us to ask in faith AND confidence and then PROCEED with confidence. Another thing that was so huge to me is that Heavenly Father will answer us in our own individual ways to help us meet our own individual challenges in they way He thinks best. Sometimes we aren't always going to get the answer WE want or think is best for us, but Heavenly Father knows. He knows us better than anyone on Earth does. When you pray, make sure you are asking the right questions. Strive to align your will with His -- His is alwaysbetter! 

Prayer is such a gift. Take advantage of it! Take time to really talk, and laugh, and weep with Heavenly Father. He wants to do all of those things with you! 

I have three and a half more weeks here at the MTC. Woof. The time ticking! 
Have a great week! I miss and love you all! 

Láska Vždy,
Sestra Fred

 ​Most of our zone. Oh how nice it is to feel the sand between our toes! 

 ​We celebrated our 1 month anniversary with some delicious muffins that Sarsi Cook's mom sent to us. Happy 1 month to us!

 ​Best people. I am beyond blessed to have them.  

​A little laundry lovin'

This picture was sent to Leon by a lady named Connie who gives shots at the MTC.
Her cousin's grand daughter is at the MTC and goes to see her each week.  Jenn and her companion went with her this week and Connie sent this picture over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment