Monday, October 20, 2014

Week ONE From Czech

AHOY RODINU

Alright, Here is the deal, I took all my time (which wasn't a whole lot) to read all of your emails, so now I only have 5 minutes to write you back. haha so here this will be a quick summary of my first week in the beautiful country of Czech. 

We finally arrived safely Tuesday evening and our first Czech meal was McCee Dee's. Chicken nuggets from there have never tasted so good. haha.

My new companion is the one and only Sestra Scerra. She is from LA, Californina, has graduated from college in journalism and creative writing. She is a convert to the church and the only member in her family. She is a POWER HOUSE. From the minute that I got here we have been teaching NON-STOP. One thing that I have already learned and will continue to learn from her is how to work HARD. 

We are in the city of České Budéjovice. It is beautiful here. The Namesti (town square) is unreal. They say that during Christmas it is something else so naturally I am looking forward to that!

The work here is moving right along. I have fallen into a little tiny branch that is seeing a lot a miracles happening. Sestra Scerra and I are teaching about 4 or 5 people right now and 3 of them have a baptismal date. I love the people. They are so kind and so patient with me. The first day here we taught a couple lessons and in their prayers they prayed for me and that I will learn and understand the language. It was so sweet. 

I am exhausted. I fall asleep in lessons sometimes, but they say that's normal for the first bit so no worries. I can't understand a whole lot, and I feel overwhelmed at times. But luckily for me I have a great trainer and with time the language will come. They talk so fast here!

Sorry it is so short... I have to go.  We had training today and so we didn't get the full hour and half to email. Next week I will be able to give you a more thorough update. :)

I love you all so much! Have a great week and know that I miss you and think about you often! 
Keep on smiling! 

Sestra Fredrickson

"You matter." 

No comments:

Post a Comment