Monday, October 27, 2014

Ceské Budějovice

AHOY AHOY AHOY
Hello my sweet family! How is everyone doing? Before I forget I want to give a birthday shoutout to JADE ALEXA FRED! Happy birthday my cute niece. I can not believe she is 2 years old already. Seems just like yesterday she was born. Jakie's birthday is coming up too and it's the big EIGHT! Woot woot. Angela did you get the little package I sent to him??
Alright so let me fill you in on a little bit of what my new life in Czech is like.
It is basically freezing here and somehow the season of fall was completely skipped over. haha. The sun did come out yesterday though and that was a happy moment for me. I have had quite a few ''firsts'' in the 10 days or so that i have been here. I have eaten lots of yummy foods like fried cheese, svičková, Indian curry, and halušky. Sestra Scerra is teaching me how to cook lots of good stuff! She is amazing. I am so lucky and grateful to have her as my trainer. We have started to settle in somewhat and are getting to know each other better which makes for a good time. We bond over cooking, running, and just trying to get everything done that we need to throughout the day!
Czech's looovvveeee their dogs. haha it's a little ridiculous. The czech's also do the double wink instead of a one eyed wink. So the first week I was here I kept noticing that Sestra Scerra would do that and I thought it was just some weird twitch thing. hahahahahah I finally was told about the Czech wink at training last week. She laughed. ha too good.
We have AMAZING investigators right now. Seriously we are so lucky. We are working with a boy named Vasyl. He is Ukrainian, doesn't speak any english or czech so we do skype lessons with him with a member in Prague that speaks Ukrainian. It is amazing to me that depsite the language barrier Vasyl keeps on coming back. Talk about a miracle.
Romana is another one of our investiagotors whose baptism will be in 2 weeks if all goes well! She came to church yesterday with her little boy Daniceck, who is adorable. Romana is awesome. She has overcome a lot and has a very sweet spirit about her.
We are teaching two others, Pavel and Radek. They are studs. Radek is kind of being a pansy and won't get baptized because he still lives at home (he is 26) and his parents don't approve. But he is trying to find a place to live, so hopefully he will so he can do what he needs to do! And Pavel has some family issuses with his wife and her not wanting any church influence on their daughter. Awesome guy though. During lessons he will stop to make sure that I know what is going on and then will tell S. Scerra to translate for me. All of our gators are so patient with me. I love them!
We had the primary program yesterday in church! I got to relive the glory days and be a part of the program since there are only 3 kids in our little branch. It was so fun. I even memorized my part. :) hahah We had a full house yesterday at church too. It was sweet. The members here are incredible. They are so strong and have been serving faithfully for a long time. Tonight we have our branch Halloween party! We have a lot of our gators coming with family and friends so it should be hoppin!
We had a singing display on one of the busiest streets here and I went out contacting by myself. It was one of the scariest, hardest things I have ever done. But knowing that I have Christ by myside as I try my best to serve scary things like contacting by myself with no idea what the people are saying back to me isn't all that bad. I know that God is aware of each of our needs and I know he knows our hearts and hears our prayers. Everyday I am learning to rely on Him more.
It's time for me to scadadle. I hope that you all have a happy, awesome week! Give everyone my love!
Láska Vždy,
Sestra Fredrickson
P.s. I will send Some pictures next week! Don't have enough time today!
P.s.s. I LOVE YOU FAMILY 
P.S.S.S. keep being stellar 

No comments:

Post a Comment