Friday, August 19, 2016

15. SRPNA 2016

Hello hello hello :)
I have a quote for ya'll.
"Get used to fear. It's what pushes you  into faith.
That know in your stomach isn't untying anytime soon -- 
the only option is to accept it as part of the ride and even dare to enjoy it a bit.
Put your arms in the air, feel the rush and scream your guts out all the into 
whatever it is Goad has for you. 
WHEEEE!"

I've had a few knots in my tummy lately, and that quote really helped me.
SHOUTOUTS:
H a p p y B i r t h d a y to my dear papa, TODAY. I hope that they treat you well
up at UAMPS. ;) I love you so much, dad. I am grateful to Gma and Gpa Fred who
raised a good, righteous young man. Big hug comin your way soon!
H a p p y Birthday to Gpa Richard! Last week on the 12th.. maybe 13th! hehe
Anyhow, you had a birthday and I hope that you and Gma celebrated well. :)
BREANA BATE. You are a goner my friend!  ha ha no, I kid. I thought about you
alllll day on the 12th. I hope that you had a magical wedding day. Happy honeymooning!
I hit my "2 year mark" yesterday. whoooo-hooo. :)

C-BUD CHARMS:
---> It has literally rained EVERY Tuesday since I arrived in the Bud. 
---> I ran 10 kilometers to Hluboka today without stopping! 
---> A couple that we have been teaching invited us to attend a Mexican food party that they 
      were putting on. It was a treat to watch the Czechs try to create a burrito. haha! They 
      really don't know how because Mexican food isn't common here. 

B.O.M. INSIGHT:
2 Nefi: 5:16
16 And I, Nephi, did build a temple; and I did construct it after the manner of the temple of Solomon save it were not built of so many precious things; for they were not to be found upon the land, wherefore, it could not be built like unto Solomon’s temple.But the manner of the construction was like unto the temple of Solomon; and the workmanship thereof was exceedingly fine.
This is what I took from this scripture:
We may be in areas, physically, spiritually, mentally, where we don't have "so many precious things" with which we can construct a "temple" exactly like Solomon's  BUT we CAN create something similar like unto it and the design can be just as magnificent. Nefi worked with what he had and he produced yet the best and almost as good, if not just as good as the temple of Solomon.
Just as I was writing this out, the words of Prezident Uchtdorf entered my mind:
START WHERE YOU ARE. 
It's never to late to start, just START and watch something magical unfold.
INSIGHT FROM PREZIDENT POHO:

It’s the month of August. In the Czech language, this name is derived from the word sickle. It is a tool used for harvesting grain. In many places around the world it is time for harvesting. Besides that it should be a time when we are grateful, harvesting time should be a time of personal reflection, evaluation and planning. We can ask questions, what contributes to a successful harvest? What can we do to ensure a better harvest?
One thing that I love about the Czech language is that it is very literal.

KEY WORD: Adam
Alright, do you remember the man that we met on the Bridge with whom we had a spiritual experience? We shared with him our testimonies about the Plan of Salvation because he had 
had close family whom had died? 
Well, we just so happened to meet his WIFE. ha ha
We were on our way home after a meeting and felt prompted to talk to this woman with a stroller.
She was sooo kind and very pleasant. As the conversation unfolded and we asked for names, she said my name is Lucie and this is my son Adam
Almost IMMEDIATELY Sister Hill and I look at each other with a face of confusion and suspicion.
And then almost at the exact same time we asked, "You have a husband by the name of John, don't you?" hahah she giggles and exclaimed yes, yes I do.
She was being a turkey! She knew allll along who we were. ha It was pretty funny. 
John had shared with her what we had shared with him. She is actually a believer.
She agreed to set up with us. We had on plan to visit her and her husband last Friday, 
but they ended up going out of town. Bummer!
We anticipate that God will continue to prepare them and we are sure that we will have
another run in. God doesn't do random. :)
8 AM START TIME:
We tried something new this past week!
Sister Hill and I both felt that we needed some faith building experiences. 
So we brainstormed and we felt that one thing we should change in our schedule is going out every morning at 8 a.m. for an hour to contact. Our hope was to find those elect who are a part of the working class. 
It was a fun and trying mix up to the schedule. Some days we saw great success, others not so much. We found that most of the time people were in a rush to get to work. Clearly. So I think it was Thursday morning we went out focusing on getting the "call back" lesson. Share a short powerful statement about the Gospel and the goal being to get their number and an appointment. Thursday morning we found 2 new potentials trying this method! It was a great faith building experience.
We contine to chug along here in Budejovice!
A new Branch Prezident was called yesterday. It is now Bratr Chrdle. Prior to him, Bratr Ambroz.
Two remarkable men, that I look up to a lot.
That's all for now.
Have a happy week!
Srdečně,
Sestra Fredrickson 🌻

We biked to this Zamek today. Actually, Elder Lovell and I ran it and the other two biked. 
We also had an English student of ours who accompanied us. :) 

OKRSEK

One More Time + Krystyna :)

It had been a long while since I had seen some red softball dirt. 
There was even someone preparing the field. A treat of a sight! 

​Naturally... we had to treat ourselves at the end of a long, but fun adventure;)

The President and his wife came to join us for our district meeting. They also gave us a short training focusing 
on contacting. It was such a treat!

FOR YOU Mlačy Segro 


Passed a golf club today. Thought of my two big brothers.


For you my Birthday Daddy. :) 
There were a ton of this towers along the path this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment