Monday, August 8, 2016

Marvelous Members

Hi Family and Friends,
It's good to be here with you through email once again.
Today marks one month until my return. 
Pretty crazy.

SHOUTOUTS:
Breanna Bate... Soon to be... Breanna... Something. haha 
Everything wonderful to you and T.O. on the 12th of August. 
Meggie Spencer.. I know that it has almost been a month and half now.. 
but happy 1 year being home back on the 28th of June! 
Kristen Blake! Thank you for the email! I had goosebumps while I read it. 💙
CBud Charms:
---> Czechs call Milkshakes "Cocktails."
---> Instead of saying BOO to scare someone you say BUFF.
---> Frogs say QUACK.
---> Cows say BOO.

B.O.M. INSIGHT:
Helaman 5:12
Today's insight is dedicated to Sestra Hill, my partner in crime. 
This is her favorite verse in the Kniha Mormonova.

 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
I love this scripture because it reminds us that IF we are built upon the rock of of Savior, we shall never need to fear falling. I know that as we remain faithful to the covenants, promises, that we make with Heavenly Father and strive to always go about doing good and keeping the commandments our foundation will remain strong to withstand the storms of life.

MEMBERS:
I want to simply share my gratitude that I have for the Czech saints. 
We had a really hard week. We faced a lot of opposition, in a variety of ways. On Wednesday I could hardly keep myself composed. There was a woman who belonged to a different church who told us, "I know how our country views you and your people in your society and I don't want anyone thinking that we associate with you." Worst part was, she said this to us in English. Rejection is a part of missionary work. We get in day and day out. But hearing it in your native tongue leaves a deeper sting.

I had to take a time out and let out all of my emotions on a bench in a park nearby. I sobbed for awhile as Sister Hill just listened.I was tired and done emotionally, physically and spiritually. I couldn't take be rejected one more time.I eventually called Prezident Pohorlicky and talked with him. He then called Bratr Chrdle, a member here, and asked that he would
talk with me and give me a blessing to calm me down.
We went over to Bratr Chrdle's home later that evening. He made us dinner and just talked with us about the work and how we were feeling. I could feel his love for me. I could see that he didn't see me as just another Sister Missionary, but as he see's his own children. He gave me a beautiful blessing and afterwards we discussed some parts of the blessing like I would with my own father. I felt at home there.

Sunday rolls around and Sister Hill and I felt that we needed to do something for the Members. SO we decided to bake bread! Along with the bread, we wrote individual notes to each member of the Chrdlovi family. We made a surprise visit Sunday evening to share the bread and letters. They invited us in to stay awhile. We chatted and got to know them on a more personal level. I learned that Bratr Chrdle served in the Ogden, Utah mission. His first area was KAYSVILLE, UTAH and his last area was LAYTON, UTAH. hahahah I just about died. Sestra Chrdlova also served a mission! She was the first CZECH sister to serve among the CZECHS. I personally gained strength from hearing their mission stories. I had the chance to share my own mission story. We all came to the conclusion that it was meant to be that I started and finished in CBud.

Sunday at church there were members from Liberec, Plzen, and Prague who came to support our little branch. Our little church hall was completely full. As well as our hearts with gratitude.
These Czech Saints are strong beyond measure. I sometimes try to REALLY put myself in their shoes, but I am never able to completely understand how they must feel. As a missionary, you come and go. It isn't your PERMANENT life. These members have a deeply rooted faith in Christ and trusting that good things are always to come. 

One thing that Bratr Chrdle blessed me with was the ability to realize that things are as they are. What I took from that is, just that. Things aren't meant to change over night. There is a process that is meant to take place. Within that process is where the real and lasting growth begins to develop and shine through. 

I love these Czech saints. They have taught me what it really means to have Faith IN Christ and Hope in a better world. They are kind. They are humble. They are Faithful. What an honor it is to serve among some of Heavenly Father's finest children. I know that God loves them, just has He loves ALL of His children around the world.
Much love from the Evropy Side!
S laksou,
Sestra Fred 🌻

Vasyl surprised us all and showed up to C-bud Friday night. 
It was so good to have him in town for the weekend. 

We mayyyyy or may not have gotten ice cream every day last week... ha!

Český Krumlov: Round 2 

Beautiful C-Bud

Sestra Hill and I enjoying a moment on the park bench

Krokety and Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment