Monday, August 1, 2016

We Welcome You, SRPEN

Ahoj Všichni. :)

Can you BELIEVE that today is the FIRST of AUGUST?
Man alive.

SHOUTOUTS:
H a p p I e s t BIRTHDAY to the Big T. Freezy. Love ya bro.
HOLLAND FAMILY. You made my entire week. THANK YOU
for visiting us in the beloved land of CBUD.

CBUD CHARMS:
---> I currently have 8 skeeter bites.
---> Czechs don't get their drivers license until the age of 18.
---> It has rained almost EVERY DAY the past week. The Czech's
      say that it is quite abnormal, BUT a blessing because the earth
      needs it. The past few years has been very dry!
---> We email from the CBud libby.

B.O.M INSIGHT:
2 Nefi 4: 34-35
 34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
 35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.
What beautiful verses. I find great hope in the words of Nefi. Previous to proclaiming his trust in God, he went through a very grievous process of cleansing his soul from "his wretched state." It was interesting to me, the wording at the beginning of verse 35. Very similar to what James exhorted us to do in the Bible. I know that by putting our trust in God, we show to Him that He can also trust US.

THE CBUD ZDENDA:
From the minute that I got to České Budějovice, I have been telling Sestra Hill that we WILL find the Zdenda of CBud. Brothers and Sisters, we have believe that we have found him. ha!
Saturday morning we had correlation with the Elders and Prez. Ambroz pres Skype. Afterwards we went out for lunch at our favorite indian restauraunt. While at the restauraunt, our lesson that we had on plan at the building cancelled, so we made a quick decision as to whether we should return home to finish 12 week (a training program for new missionaries) and weekly planning or finish them at the building. Sestra Hill felt inspired that we should go home and do it. So after lunch, we stopped to get some ice cream.... hahah we couldn't resist. It was a hot day.
As we are licking our ice cream cones, we pass a man in work overalls without stopping to have a conversation. About 5 seconds later I felt a very strong prompting to turn around to talk to this man. I tap Sestra Hill and say we need to talk to that man. So we turn around, ice cream cones in hand and we approach this man in work overalls.
We kontakted him on BAPTISM. He began to tell us that he is not a believer, doesn't THINK he has been baptized and has never really thought about God or Jesus Christ. And then we asked for his name... ZDENEK. hahahahahahah I wish that you could have seen the look on our faces. We both paused for a moment and were thinking to ourselves if we were hearing correctly. His friends showed up shortly after that, but we set up an appointment for tomorrow and got his number.
HE WILL BE THE NEXT ZDENDA. hahah That is our hope anyway. It was so cool. One thing that Sestra Hill and I have started doing is praying after meeting someone that we have a really good kontak with whether they set up or not. We said goodbye and offered a prayer to Heavenly Father, thanking Him for people like Zdenek who listen and are willing to meet with us.
All while holding the ice cream cone. ha ha
ALONG THE RIVER:
This week I have really felt the spirit guide us to those that are ready to hear the message of the Restored Gospel. We were on our way home one night at around 7:30 p.m. We saw her sitting on a bench along the river. It seemed as if she was pondering the things of life. We felt really prompted to talk to her so we did. As we began conversation with her, she was not having it. She came off a little cold and not interested. We backed off of Gospel talk for a moment and just spoke with her about her life. As the conversation unfolded it was naturally led back to the Gospel and the Spirit began to soften this woman's heart. We went from standing in front of her to sitting beside her on the bench along the riverside.
We testified and taught about the EJK -- mainly Baptism and Sacrament. She comes from a catholic background, so we were trying to help her see the tie and importance between baptism and regular Sabbath Day observance. The spirit was SO strong. She felt it. We felt it. She told us that we looked like angels. :)
We scored and got her number by the end of the meeting. ha ha she really didn't want to give it to us. We also got the Gospel Library app downloaded on her phone for her! YES! hahah She has been in contact with US and is planning on coming to our FHE tonight.
Something that has never gotten old on the mission is watching the Spirit work right in front of our eyes. The Spirit has the power to soften hearts. I know that to be true because I have seen it happen countless times.

I love you all!!!  Lets have a great start to a beautiful month of August!
Thank you for the love and support.

S laskou,
Setsra Fred 🌻

THE HOLLANDOVI. Best surprise EVER.

Making Czech Wishes 

12 WEEK GRADUATE

S'MORES NIGHT

THEEEE ICE CREAM CONES

FOOD: I have a good Spolecnice. :)

HLADOVY VOKNO - There are 3 of these in CBUD and they are ONLY found in CBUD.
It kind of reminds me of Gandolfo's. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment