Monday, August 29, 2016

KAIZEN

Dobrý Večer!

We woke up to some Thunder and storms this morning.
After a hot humid week it was to us pleasant rainy weather. 
It was a cool 54 F today. :)

SHOUT-OUTS:
Happy wedding day to the future Mr. and Mrs. Brock Glendenning!
I'll be throwing rice from the Czech Rep. :) I hope everything about the big day will fall into place for your good. Love you both! Congrats!
Sestra Melanie Hale, I received your letter. DIKY MOC.
Also, Mom, Dad, Clark, Alice, Gracie, and C-dizzle. I got your letters. 
I may or may not have cried while I read them. Thank you so much. 
They meant alot to me.
C-BUD CHARMS:
---> While tracking, the Czechs don't actually answer their door, they answer through the window.
---> Voda fone is the T-mobile of the CZ.
---> Distance between MB and C-Bud : 204 km; 2 h 33 min. 
---> Best ice cream flavor of the summer: PISTACHIO and Vanilkova. 
B.O.M. INSIGHT:
Helamn 5:6-7

Behold, my sons, desire that ye should remember to keep the commandments of God; and would that ye should declare unto the people these words. Behold, have given unto you the names of our first parents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written,that they were good.
 Therefore, my sons, would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it hasbeen said and written of them.

I love, love, love these verses. I read this chapter 2 times this past week and shared these verses with a couple of members. I love the importance of our family names. I love how Helaman desired for his sons to have the same reputation, if you will, that their forefathers had. We all have a great responsibility to live up to our family names and not only our family names, but our Saviors name as well. 
I challenge you all, this week, to ponder about what it means to be a (fill in the blank) and also what it means to wear the names of Christ on your heart. How are you representing them? When others see you, do they see light? Do they see good? Are you remembering to remember who you represent? I promise you, that as you take the time to self reflect you will start to see yourself differently as well as your family and Saviors name. 
FIND AND FAST:
Our find and fast turned out SO good. It took place last Tuesday. We literally FOUND the entire day. Altough we didn't find the EXACT MAN we had imagined up, we still found soooo many good men with real potential. The Elders found a former and they found him PRAYING!!! It was so awesome. There are people coming out of the wood works that we feel are ready to make the next step spiritually. We along with Prezident Chrdle are all eagerly excited to see what the Lord has in store for this area and branch. Eeeee soooo many good things are about to unfold here. I can feel it in my bones!

KAIZEN:
One of the great blessings of having a stake are the High Council Men. 
We were graced with the presence of Brother Simon Gordon-Smith. 
He hails from England, has lived all over the world, and is currently living in Plzen.
His wife is Czech. She was the one who actually helped Sister Boza and I prepare for the radio show interview. 

He taught us about the word KAIZEN. It is a Japanese word (DAD) that means continual inprovement. He then gave a sermon about how it applies to us as a small branch. 
We discussed a lot about acheiving goals and what it actually takes to acheive them. 
For example:
I want to get fit. 
Tomorrow I will get up and run a 10k.
The day after I am way to sore to get up and do anything, so I'll wait a week to rest.
VERSES:
I want to get fit.
I'll start by getting up and going for a mile walk tomorrow.
The day after I'll add a little more distance. 
So on and so forth. 
Until I reach the goal of being "fit."
Kaizen is all about PERSITENCY and CONSISTENCY. 
When that is applied, real change and real growth occur.
Man, I wish all of you could have been there for the hour. It was amazing.
I felt so inspired afterward to go out and shoot "arrows" of Kaizen everywhere!
I'll explain more when I get home. :)

I am BEYOND blessed to be serving in such a miraculous country. 
I know that God lives. There is no doubt in my mind that He is our Father in Heaven. 
He loves us. He cares for us. He wants and is willing to bless us. My heart is so full.
I hope you all have a great week as we welcome September. What? 😵
 
Mám vás rada!!! 

Due to the Freiberg, Germany temple dedication this coming Sunday, we had fast and testimony
meeting yesterday. It was my last one. I had hoped for a full house, and that is what we got!
It was the perfect Sunday. 

Naměstí

The Last District Meeting. 
Starsi Dean, Lovell, Sestra Hill and I

Just in case you didn't google it...
Tatarak is raw meat! It actually wasn't terrible... but I don't
think that I would ever eat it again. Mostly I did it for Prez McConkie and
just to say that I tried it. ha!

​They have an american diner just around the corner from the church building. It was so dang good.


​Mark, is from Taiwan and just recently moved to Krumlov. Lucky duck!
He is the sweetest. hahah we love him

Today we went to Krumlov by bus to visit a member. 
We toured inside the Castle. There was some pretty China. :)

​The Chrdlovi. This family though. I love them like they are my own.

















No comments:

Post a Comment